Monday, September 28, 2009

The rest of my life

From A Rolling Stone
To pitch my tent with no prosy plan,
To range and to change at will;
To mock at the mastership of man,
To see Adventure's thrill.
Carefree to be, as a bird that sings;
To go my own sweet way;
To reck not at all what may befall,
But to live and to love each day.
To scorn all strife, and to view all life
With the curious eyes of a child;
From the plangent sea of the prairie,
From the slum to the heart of the Wild.
From the red-rimmed star to the speck of sand,
From the vast to the greatly small;
For I know that the whole for good is planned,
And I want to see it all.
-Robert Service
Last night I took a break from reading my AP World texts and Siddhartha and picked up a book of poetry I have been keeping by my bed. This was the first one I read, and it made my heart so happy.
I fell asleep and dreamed-up good things all night. : )
{Sunrise photo somewhere in CT}

No comments:

Post a Comment