Monday, October 19, 2009

$

My time in Asheville or Ashvegas {thanks Andrew} was idyllic. I got there on Friday and went to Green Sage for tea and filled out yoga forms. At 5:30 classes began and I almost immediately fell in love with the whole atmosphere. Stephanie Keach is remarkable. I am so thankful for this opportunity to train under Stephanie and her friends.
Once class ended at 9:00 on Friday, I went over to Rachel's house. Her house was just darling and Cider was waiting for me at the door. After a crazy run/walk with her, I crawled in bed. Saturday started early, and I was up walking Cider by 6:00. The beautiful and talented Shala taught our class from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm on Saturday. We meditated, massaged one another, and did two classes {including a Zen yoga class}
I went back to Rachel's and walked Cider then took a nice warm bath. I think I was asleep in just a matter of minutes, completely exhausted from the days work.
Today:
I come back from yoga all relaxed but still energetic today. . . and then I remember I still have to take a test, work on applications {something I keep forgetting to do!} read a Sentimental Journey by Laurence Sterne online {I don't do so well reading things online. . . its far too impersonal!} and order the rest of my yoga text books.
I ordered the books from lovely Amazon just a minute ago and almost threw-up when I saw the cost. . . $88. Gross. And that was just for books! I don't have that kind of $, but it's all required reading, and I do love my yoga. Speaking of $, I still have to pay for training. . . even more sickening.
Other than that, life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know the feeling of paying for books. I almost had an aneurysm when books for college were FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!?!?!?!

    But I will be returning them in good condition used for some extra cash.
    Oh and we need to go to ashville for a weekend this fall.

    ReplyDelete