Thursday, October 15, 2009

Growing Up

I have nothing profound to say, but after filling out 6 different applications, I have come to the realization that the older you get, the more and more you have to remember. When I was young, about the only things I had to memorize were friends and family's birthdays, simple multiplication tables, and these numbers {704.948.0290}.
Now, I have to know all that and much more. . . I have to remember all three of my email addresses and their passwords, my social, my address, birthdays, appointments, friends' cell numbers {several mo.s ago my darling cell decided to quit working and I was forced to do this}, my homeschool code, my AP number, etc, etc, etc.
I miss the days of dress-up, jelly shoes, Italic handwriting, and Russian Tea.
P.S. I think that all this started b/c of my ridiculous paper mache "sculpture" for Design class. . . It brought back way too many memories of those glorious crafty-craft days with Lolly.
P.P.S. I also came to the realization that the only thing I have ever been truly talented in is making messes. When it comes to making them, I am a rockstar.
P.P.P.S. The Winged Victory of Samothrace is quite possibly the most beautiful sculpture of all time. I just studied it in the chapter on Greek Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment