Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Late afternoon picnic in the park







P leaves tomorrow for Ireland, so we decided to spend our time outdoors today. We grabbed a blanket & a camera, went to the Teeter {headed straight for the salad bar}, jumped back in the car, & drove to one of my favorite places close to home { Fisher Farm Park}.
{Made me miss S & all the fun times together here}
Encouraged by the sign reading "Park with your own discretion", we parked in the middle of the lot, & walked through the tall grass to find a place to set up camp. We ate our salads & fruit, talked, & played a long game of Scrabble. After I lost by a couple hundred points, we went for a walk. By the time we got back to the car, people had arrived, & lawnmower-man told us to park straight next time! On the ride home, we stopped the car to watch construction workers play in a great big muddy pit {soon to be sm. lake or pond maybe?}, played in the muddy pit ourselves, & then P gave me an intro to driving stick-shift {eeekk}!
After talking about our goals, my newest goals include:
- Take more pictures {Thinking, pic. a day in 2010!}
- Play my tambourine weekly : )
- Learn to drive stick-shift independently by P's return home in December.
That's all for now-
As always, I have a long list of things that I need to accomplish before sunrise tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment